While planning the return trip to BiH and Mostar, we strongly recommend our students and any parents or guardians accompanying them to take care of the following:
- From now until the time you leave your current location for UWC Mostar, you are:
- Encouraged to stay safe by following your local health authorities recommendations.
- Gathering knowledge about the virus from reliable sources– in particular, health authorities and science-based evidence– is also encouraged so that you know how to protect yourself and others.
- In general, recommendations from health authorities include good hand hygiene, physical distancing of 2 metres, avoiding large gatherings, and using masks and other personal protective equipment appropriately.
- Complete a self-assessment prior to departure and delay your trip if you or any family members you are living with at present have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- The government of BiH at the moment requires a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) test result issued at most 48 hours before departure. Citizens and holders of residential permit of BiH are exempt as are citizens of Croatia, Serbia and Montenegro. This may change as per the pandemic situation and students and staff should check before the start of travel. (http://www.granpol.gov.ba/?lang=en)
- Keep both, a hard copy and a soft copy of the COVID-19 test result ready with you. For the purposes of record-keeping and ease of access, please leave a copy of the of the test results in the following folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PeV0YC4ARBccP9bLGKzYkjJfYcssuaKa?usp=sharing
- If you’re travelling by air, you may need to pass a health check conducted by the airlines before you’ll be allowed to board your flight. Please check the requirements with your airline.
- If you are passing through other countries and/or airports on your journey, there may be COVID 19 testing requirements and/or health certificates required. Please check in advance.
- If you’re travelling by air or other public transportation, you will need to wear a non-medical mask or face covering during travel (including to the place you will quarantine)
- Pack all of the necessary PPE for travelling, including:
- Multiple face masks (especially if you are wearing a disposable mask that could get easily damaged)
- Disposable gloves
- Antibacterial gel
- Disinfectant wipes
- Plastic zipper-seal bags to organize and protect your supplies